Friday, August 24, 2007

Britsh Columbia Canada -1st Ever Tim and Lizzy Gaten Family Vacation

I can't believe it but we took a family vacation without attending a family reunion or to visit family. We had a blast! Since we were in the car a lot, we had lots of time to remenis about our family vacations when we were young.

"The Glass House" Amazingly this house was made completely of old formaldehyde bottles. The man who built it was a retired mortician. He actually lived in the house for many years. Now his family gives tours of grandpa's house.



Each day of our trip we went swimming at a different hot springs. Our first hot springs stop was Ainsworth Hot Springs. Our kids swimming abilities improved a lot after a week of soaking in different pools.








It is always amazing to me what our kids will do for an ice cream. Tim is "Mr. Briber". I guess you got to do what works.











I sure love my Jackson. This is a picture of him filling his pockets with flowers for me. Jackson's favorite part of the trip was the Ferry rides.












Sally made camping interesting. The first night we camped she screamed on and off all night long. The next morning a woman said, "So that's the baby who kept everyone up." We also tried staying in hotels to avoid the screaming. Didn't work:)




























On the last day of our trip we went to the historical Fort Steel. I think this was Kate's most favorite thing we did. She was practically running to the next thing that they would act out or teach you about. We learned about a women's work, panning for gold, what a black smith would do, how to pack a team of mules and the list goes on. We thought our kids would last a few hours. but to our surprise they loved it. Basically every 15-30 minutes you could go to another spot at the fort to see how things use to be a 100 years ago. This is a picture of our kids at the school.

8 comments:

jlohran said...

LIZZY- How are you doing? I loved reading your blog-- I started one a little while ago but am horrible with updating it. You have such a cute family and my how big they are! It is crazy! Missed you at the 10 year reunion-- it was fun you'll need to come next time. Anyway, I got your blog page from Kira. Hope you don't mind. My blog address is ohranfam.blogspot.com I will try to update it better. You seriously haven't changed a bit! Still as cute as ever. Later-- Jami Watts Ohran

kim dance said...

Love the pictures! Especially the one of sally in her overalls...she is so dang cute!

Ruby said...

Lizzy, your family is so cute! Jackson has changed a ton! I found your blog through Patty's. Sometimes I think of you and say to myself, "Seize the Day!!!"

The Larsons said...

Love the pictures! Looks like a fun vacation! You will have to save your notes/route so you can pass it on to us when we live up there! Love ya!

Courtney said...

Your kids are so cute!

kira said...

Lizzy, your family is SO cute. I love your fun vacation! You are definitely the prettiest person I have ever seen camping.

Traci said...

Lizzy, I miss you guys! Sally and Annie do the exact same picture pose with the hands on the knees! I love it! Looks like you guys had fun. Jackson has changed since I saw him last.

Amy M. said...

OK, I'm sure I left a comment on your blog last week, but now I can't find it. Let me just say it again...
It is so fun to see recent pictures of your cute family! You must keep posting them. Kate and Jackson have gotten so big and Sally looks like Kate did. THey have your pretty eyes.
I love this blog thing. It's so nice to keep in touch better. I liked your comment on mine. The once a week rule is a good idea.