Sunday, December 9, 2007

What a Wonderful Surprise!


I haven't blogged for a while. Reason being is that I'm pregnant and I don't do much of anything in the first part of pregnancy except complain. But I am happy to report that I'm feeling wonderful. It's always at this point where I look back and realize, I really was sick.

Since we moved into our house, almost 2 years in February, it has been pretty much empty. It hasn't really bothered me because I have just been so happy to have a house of our own, a garage, and space to put everything. Tim and I have talked a little bit about what we would put in our great room to fill the space and I have showed him a few times.

Well thanks to Kim, his little helper, they were able to somehow have the couch I had been dreaming of and a rug all in place in our great room when we returned home from our Thanksgiving trip to Utah.

Now the tricky part is how am I ever going to come up with a surprise as good as this for Tim?
This is a picture of Kate, our table that my friend refinished, and the carmel apples we made for neighbors and friends for Christmas. This table was given to us by Tim's parents when we moved into our house. It helped feed the 9 Gatten children for many years so it needed a bit of a face lift.

20 comments:

Courtney said...

Cute! I need more pics of your house so I can copy it!

The Larsons said...

Wow! What a fun surprise! Looks so comfy! The table looks great too. Can't wait to stop in and see it first person. We'll have to have a play date. The apples look yummy!

kim dance said...

Love the new looks to your home! Now bring on the decorating!

Diana said...

yeah Lizzy! You're back. I am glad you are feeling better. Love the house and the new furniture. I can't wait to come and visit. Hope your having a great December getting ready for Christmas and all. Love ya-

Ruby said...

I LOVE your home. What fun to have Kim there with you. Congrats on your pregnancy! I know you like the name Ruby...hint hint. Just kidding. I hope you get feeling better soon.

LALALALUUUUUUUKE said...

Having eaten at that table as much as anyone not with the last name Gatten, I think it looks awesome. Nice couches too and big props to Tim for being a Sneaky Snake. Glad to see you guys back on the blogging horse! Now we have to get Tom and Brooke to update theirs.

LUKE

Patty said...

Lizzy I love your couch and your table. Way to go Tim. You two are always good with suprise's. Congrats on #4.

clarke fam said...

The couch looks awesome! I know how much you wanted it. Way to go Tim. Lizzy loves surprises! Hope that you guys have a Merry Christmas

Amy M. said...

It looks great. That was nice of Tim. Your house is pretty. I'm glad you are feeling better. Cute Christmas card picture too, by the way.

Two Twisted Sistas said...

Hi Lizzy,

So I finally have a blog and it turns out everyone does. how great is this. I loved seeing your kids and hear what is going on with you. I sent a Christmas card to you but I know it was the wrong address so I am sure it will return. When you get a minute you can look at our blog wagstaffplaytime.blogspot.com and send me your new add. My email is jj.wagstaff@yahoo.com. I hope your Holidays are wonderful. I will be checking your blog regularly...Congrats on the pregnancy. I am, glad you are feeling better.

team howey said...

Lovin' the house, Liz. Really it's the reason I wanted you to start blogging! Congrats on #4. Looks like we won't be on the same schedule this time around!!!

kira said...

lizzy, congratulations. And your house is so fantastic. Can't wait to hear more about everything!

Tiff Gatten said...

Wow! I haven't seen you guys since you were first married over at Jay and Tora's. Congrats on the pregnancy. Your home and children are beautiful.

Tiffany Gatten

Amber said...

I totally remember that table at Uncle Steve's. It looks great. I've been in my house 4 years now and it still isn't decorated much. Your kids are so cute, glad you are starting to feel better.

Anonymous said...

Lizzy, I got your link from Diana's blog. (Hope that's ok) You have such a beautiful family! I was so excited to hear what you have been up to. Hope you have a great Christmas!
Stacy Burt
louiestacyburt.blogspot.com

Kim said...

Congrats on the pregnancy! Your children are so beautiful and getting so big! Keep in touch!

jlohran said...

SO WHEN IS THE BABY COMING-- THAT IS EXCITING. LOVE THE COUCH-- DID YOU COME UP WITH A GREAT SURPRISE FOR TIM?

Anonymous said...

Lizzy, I need to get your email address. No, my mom isn't working at BYU anymore. She ended up getting a masters degree in counselling, & does that now. When is your baby due? Good to hear from you.

clarke fam said...

That is great!! Goodluck with everthing.

Lindsay said...

Congrats on number four! Your family is beautiful. Keep in touch.